Download DXMA1 Android 2.3.6 Firmware Update For Galaxy Y S5360(Tutorials)Albeit Samsung has already stopped to bring more support toward Galaxy Y S5360, but that doesn't mean the company cease to release minor updates and fixes for the existing bugs.
For that, Samsung has released the DXMA1 Android 2.3.6 firmware recently, it can be downloaded via KIES if you like to.
But also the manual installation is available, you can bring the DXMA1 firmware update to Galaxy Y S5360 by following the instructions on this post.
Remember the ClockWorkMod recovery is not required and you don't need to root you device as well, but read the following.
- Have a battery life at least 70%.
- Backup your Android device data.
- This tutorial for Galaxy Y S5360 only, don’t apply this to device other than that!
- DXMA1 is an official firmware.
Step 1 - Download Android 2.3.6 S5360DXMA1 to your PC and then extract the file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 to be used in installing the install Android 2.3.6 on your handset.
Step 3 - Shut down your device then enter the download mode. To do so simply press these buttons together: Volume Down + Home, while keep holding those buttons then press Power until the Android Robot. You have entered Download Mode.
Step 4 - Now launch Odin3 v1.85.exe you downloaded previously, then run as Administrator for Windows users, for a smooth process.
Step 5 - Now plug your device to your computer using your USB cable. A message saying Added!!. Then a COM port yellow number will appear telling the connection is successful.
Step 6 - Now select the following files to be flashed (the files you previously extracted from the step 1)
- Click on ‘PDA’ then choose file with ‘CODE’ the name.
- Click on ‘Phone’ then choose file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. If the file doesn’t exist, ignore this step.
- Click on ‘CSC’ then choose file with CSC’ in its name. If this file doesn’t exist, ignore this step.
- Click on ‘PIT’ then choose file with .pit file.However if this file doesn’t exist, then ignore this one.
Step 9 - From ODIN, click the Start button for the installation to be started. This process will take sometime therefore just wait.
Step 10 – After the installation is finished, then you will see your device will reboot. When your device shows Home screen, then disconnect it from your PC.
That’s all, you have managed to update Galaxy Y S5360 to Android 2.3.6 build DXMA1 firmware. To check it, please go to Settings > About.